Watching with bated hope and suppressed trepidation as Turkey goes to the ballot box to determine if democracy has a future in the country.
New blog post: How to implement a basic ActivityPub server https://blog.joinmastodon.org/2018/06/how-to-implement-a-basic-activitypub-server/
Just watched Hannah Gadsby’s Nanette on Netflix and… just watch it if you get the chance.
Live: We Make The City: Next Generation Cities
We Make The City: Opening Night
So folks, the #article13 and #linktax proposals will be going soon to the EU parlaiment, and if they pass they will become a serious problem for the #Fediverse:
* To automatically filter copyrighted materials, even badly, you need a way to reference those materials. Even our largest instances probably can't afford access!
* Our instances will not be able to afford licenses to link to news sites under the new #LinkTax rules.
Go make some noise at: https://saveyourinternet.eu/
I’m live blogging the Public Stack Summit. Use Beaker Browser with Live Reload turned on to get a streaming feed:
Two new posts this morning on my p2p blog:
* Giddy about CSS grid (didn't realise how easy it would be to make a three-column grid out of list items)
* Formatting an ISO 8601 date stamp in Hugo (niche? What means that word?)
* Old web: https://live.ar.al
* New web: dat://live.ar.al
(Use Beaker Browser https://beakerbrowser.com to browse the peer-to-peer/live/streaming version of the site.)
PS. I LOVE BLOGGING WITH THIS THING! … Uhum!… :) https://mastodon.ar.al/media/126KDW_cYsQNijgashs
Refining the blog
Spent a few hours today refining the peer-to-peer Web/streaming/live blog I hacked together yesterday to use Hugo/Markdown for authoring. It’s so much easier to post now and it’s looking a bit better too :)
Right libertarians: I love how you talk about decentralisation and individual sovereignty. Here’s to sticking it to those filthy governments!
Also right libertarians: Wait a minute, you want to stick it to corporations too? But then how I can be the next CEO-King?
Neoliberals: Ooh, look at you looking so presentable and talkin’ so smoothly about human rights and social justice. Let’s hang sometime.
Also neoliberals: oh, wait, so you actually want to change the system I benefit extraordinarily from? What are you, some sort of communist or something?