Have you heard about Silicon Valley’s unpaid research and development department? It’s called the EU.
Who should you thank for Facebook’s Libra?
• “One of the UK’s leading privacy researchers”
• University College London
• The DECODE project
And, if you’re an EU citizen who pays their taxes,
Surprised? Don’t be.
“That is what the idea of a crime against humanity says. That nothing — nothing — merits the stripping away of personhood, the systematic violation of a people, the removal of humanity. Not a thing — and definitely not being a refugee or migrant.”https://link.medium.com/qffJTj5vEX
Free yourself, your friends or your community from Facebook when you want to organise and coordinate events with @mobilizon
Free software is free as in freedom, not as in free beer, which is why @Framasoft raises funds through a crowdfunding campaign. There are still 19 days to go to collect the tiny 4.5k€ left, and to fully fund the project.
Just added an ephemeral statistics view to the next iteration of Indie Web Server and seeing a huge number of requests on my personal site from the IP address 22.214.171.124 (~14,000 out of 18,000 requests in total to the site over the last few hours)… looks like it’s owned by Scaleway… anyone know what this is?
Love this. Very much in the spirit of what we’re working on.
@aral Thank you! I finally got to setting up my own instance today. Looking forward to the ride...
Rerun cloud-init on multipass
(Yes, this is niche.) ;)
@hans Or, I should say, to the fediverse :)
@hans Welcome to Mastodon, Hans :)
it turns out that NYTimes "Privacy Project" was a honeypot for privacy advocates all along (who built a ladder of legitimacy for Google to climb), not just readers (who had their data pilfered by tons of Big Tech trackers). #SurveillanceCapitalism
Looking into OpenCollective… first impressions:
* I like the model
* Open source (nice)
* No trackers on site/source (nice); trackers in docs because they’re using Gitbook but that’s not the end of the world
* Paypal seems to be required for fiscal hosts; based on past experience don’t want to give them access to my bank account.
* I’m worried about the angel investment; they seem to be going down the VC road – so what’s the exit?
* This is worrisome: https://docs.opencollective.com/help/internal/queries/emails